How to book a campaign
Now you will learn how to book a campaign in Summit in just a few simple steps. The campaign is like an umbrella with flights connected to them and the second step is to create the flights. Just click on the tabs below to get started.
Give your campaign a descriptive name to allow you to easily identify it in future. For example: “[Brand name], [Campaign name], [July 2019]”. This will make it easier to identify your campaigns in the future.
You can select the market your campaign will run in. The campaign will only be targeted towards users with an IP belonging to the selected market.
The corresponding timezone will automatically be selected when you choose a market. However, you can always select a different time zone if needed.
Select the category that corresponds the most to the campaign you want to run. This will ensure your campaign is shown to the relevant audience. This will also help you in the future to get better insights on your campaign results.
Set the start and end date of the campaign. Flights will only be able to run within this time range.
This field isn’t obligatory to fill but is only necessary if you would like to receive an invoice reference on your invoice. If you fill in the invoice reference here, it will automatically appear on your invoice.
Pick the client for which you want to run a campaign. If your client isn’t visible in the list, please type the client name, and click on “Create New Client”. The pop-up will then allow you to save the client for the future.
Since we already have implemented a fixed price in our back-end system, you only have to fill in the campaign budget and the total amount of impressions will automatically be calculated. Please choose your preferred currency.
If you set the frequency on the campaign level, this will be the total frequency for the campaign. If the campaign consists of several flights, you could add frequency on flight level too. This will only apply to the specific flight. To set the frequency cap, you click on the plus sign next to unique frequency.
- Automatically a pop-up will be shown. Here you can select if you want to have the frequency set on impressions or clicks (click on the drop-down menu with “impressions”) and how often during a certain period this should be shown.
- It’s possible to set the frequency per day, per week, a lifetime (of the campaign) or per month. Example: If you want to have a daily frequency of 5 impressions a day, you would fill in “max number of impressions per user”: 5 “during a period of” 1 and select “day” in the drop-down menu.
- The frequency level can influence your campaign targets. Therefore we use the following recommendation: If your target is to create attention for your campaign, it’s good to set the frequency a bit higher, for example, 5 impressions a day. If you would like the users to come into action after seeing your campaign, you could set the frequency lower (1-2 impressions per day).
When you use the Campaign selector the system will then automatically optimize this KPI first and foremost. This feature works across both RON and within a prespecified target audience.
KPI Selector Options:
- Interaction: if your primary goal is for the target audience to interact with your ads; this goes especially well with an interactive format such as Swipe Cube.
- Viewability: if your primary goal is for the target audience to view your ads.
- Click: if want your audience to click your ads.